After an impressive 30 seasons on ABC, “Dancing with the Stars” moves to its new home on Disney+, premiering exclusively in the United States and Canada. The move makes “Dancing with the Stars” the first live-action series to debut on the streaming service on MONDAY SEPT. 19 (8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT), on Disney+. (TV-PG, L). You can also watch reruns of episodes on Disney+ within an hour of the live broadcast.
“Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series hosted by model and businesswoman Tyra Banks and actor and TV personality Alfonso Ribeiro in which celebrities are paired with trained ballroom dancers to participate in routines themed choreographed dances that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts. , including Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Derek Hough.
The season premiere will feature a dazzling opener number of “I’m Coming Out / About Damn Time (Purple Disco Machine Remix)” by Diana Ross & Lizzo. For their first performance, the celebrity and professional duos will perform dances such as Jive, Tango, Quickstep, Cha Cha, Foxtrot, Salsa or Viennese Waltz. A couple will be eliminated at the end of the first episode.
Fans will be able to vote during the live broadcast of the show in the United States and Canada via disneyplus.com/vote. US fans can also vote by SMS/text message. This season, live online voting will be available in Canada. With each subsequent episode, votes from live viewers will be combined with the judges’ scores to determine which couples are in danger of being eliminated.
Season 31 couples and the song they perform
- Fitness model and actor Joseph Baena and pro Daniella Karagach will perform a Jive to “Pump It” by the Black Eyed Peas
- Film star Selma Blair and professional Sasha Farber will perform a Viennese waltz to David Cook’s ‘The Time of My Life’
- Comedian, actor and singer Wayne Brady and pro Witney Carson will perform a Cha Cha on Carl Carlton’s “She’s A Bad Mama Jama (She’s Built, She’s Stacked)”
- Good Morning America contributor and WABC-TV New York weather anchor Sam Champion and pro Cheryl Burke will perform a Foxtrot to Elton John and Britney Spears’ “Hold Me Closer”
- TikTok star Charli D’Amelio and pro Mark Ballas will perform a Cha Cha on Megan Thee Stallion’s “Savage (Major Lazer Remix)”
- Heidi D’Amelio (“The D’Amelio Show”) and pro Artem Chigvintsev will perform a Cha Cha on “Lady Marmalade” by Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim, Mya & P!nk
- Country star Jessie James Decker and pro Alan Bersten will perform a Cha Cha on Lynyrd Skynyrd’s “Sweet Home Alabama”
- TV star Trevor Donovan and pro Emma Slater will perform a Quickstep to Billy Idol’s “Dancing with Myself”
- Daniel Durant (Oscar®-winning “CODA”) and pro Britt Stewart will perform a Tango to “Barbra Streisand” by Duck Sauce
- Teresa Giudice (“The Real Housewives of New Jersey”) and pro Pasha Pashkov will tango to Rihanna’s “We Found Love” ft. calvin harris
- Vinny Guadagnino (“Jersey Shore”) and pro Koko Iwasaki will perform salsa on Bad Bunny’s “Tití Me Preguntó”
- ‘Charlie’s Angels’ star Cheryl Ladd and pro Louis van Amstel will perform a Cha Cha on Marvin Gaye’s ‘Got To Give It Up’
- Jason Lewis (“Sex and the City”) and pro Peta Murgatroyd will perform a Cha Cha on “Get Lucky” from Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers
- Drag queen superstar Shangela and pro Gleb Savchenko will perform salsa on Pussycat Dolls’ “When I Grow Up”
- Platinum artist Jordin Sparks and pro Brandon Armstrong will perform a Cha Cha to Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)”
- Gabby Windey (“The Bachelorette”) and pro Val Chmerkovskiy will perform a Jive on Harry Styles’ “As it Was”
“Dancing with the Stars” is produced by BBC Studios Los Angeles Productions.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic, plus The Simpsons and more. In select international markets, it also includes the new general entertainment content brand, Star. The Walt Disney Company’s flagship direct-to-consumer streaming service, Disney+ is part of the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution segment. The service offers ad-free streaming alongside an ever-growing collection of exclusive originals, including feature films, documentaries, live-action and animated series, and short-form content. With unprecedented access to Disney’s long history of incredible film and television entertainment, Disney+ is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest Walt Disney Studios releases. Disney+ is available as a standalone streaming service or as part of The Disney Bundle which gives subscribers access to Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. To learn more, visit disneyplus.comor search for the Disney+ app on most mobile and connected TV devices.
About BBC Studios
BBC Studios, a global content company with bold British creativity at its heart, is a commercial subsidiary of the BBC. Able to bring idea from thought to screen and beyond, its activities span content financing, development, production, sales, brand services and ancillary through its own productions and programs and formats made by high quality UK independents. The company’s award-winning UK programs are internationally recognized across a wide range of genres and specialisms, with brands including Dancing with the Stars/Strictly Come Dancing, Top Gear and Doctor Who. BBC.com, BBC Studios’ global digital news platform, delivers breaking international news, in-depth analysis and features to over 139 million unique browsers every month. BBC Studios has offices in 20 markets around the world, including ten production bases in the UK and production bases or partnerships in nine other countries around the world. The company, which usually produces around 2,000 hours of content a year for the BBC and third parties like Apple, Netflix and Migu, is a champion of British creativity around the world. It is also a committed partner to the UK independent sector through a combination of equity partnerships, content investments and international distribution for program titles.
In the United States, BBC Studios operates both a distribution business and one of its main production units. The production unit, based in Los Angeles, creates and produces adaptations of British programs, as well as all new original programs, for linear and digital platforms in the United States. This production unit is responsible for the phenomenal success of Dancing with the Stars, the multi-award winning franchise Life Below Zero, the rise of Top Gear America and the popular reboot of the classic quiz show Weakest Link, among others. In the script, the team successfully adapted UK hits including Call Me Kat (based on the UK Miranda format), Welcome to Flatch (This Country in the UK) and Ghosts for major US broadcast networks.
- Facebook: @DisneyPlus / @DancingWithTheStars
- Twitter: @DisneyPlus / @OfficialDWTS
- Instagram: @DisneyPlus / @DancingWithTheStars
- TikTok: @DisneyPlus / @OfficialDWTS
- Hashtag: #DisneyPlus #DWTS